As part of the Agency for Cultural Affairs' Japanese language education programme for foreign nationals living in Japan as well as the Gakushuin University Grand Design 2039 project, "Wakuwaku Toshima Japanese Classes" provide foreign residents living in Toshima City with an opportunity to acquire Japanese language skills to live in Japanese community and to learn about the Japanese way of living and culture as a member of society. Participants will also receive a variety of information useful to live in Japan.
Check the leaflet for detail.
Target learners are foreign residents who:
- have no Japanese learning experience because they have been busy with work or childcare.
- are living, working or studying in Toshima City and its vicinity.
- are aged 16 and older.
- will be able to attend every class.
We will offer two levels of classes: Wakuwaku class and Gungun class.
This 10-day intensive course is designed for beginners.
- You will be able to have a minimum level of conversations in Japanese required to live in Japan. For example, you will be able to introduce yourself, do some shopping at a grocery store, go through administrative procedures at a city office, and so on.
- You will be able to read hiragana and katakana.
- You will be able to write your name in katakana.
When: 9:30-12:30, August 22 - September 2, 2022 (except 8/27 and 28)
Where: West Bldg. No. 5, Room 301, Gakushuin University
This course is designed for those who have some Japanese language skills and/or completed the Wakuwaku class.
- You will learn how to have Japanese language skills to enrich your life and connect with others in Japan. For example, you will have a command of Japanese to understand news reports, go to a hair salon, express your feelings, make friends, and so on.
- You will be able to read emails, messages, and event information in Japanese.
- You will be able to write emails and messages in Japanese.
When: 10:00-12:15, Saturdays from September 17, 2022 through January 28, 2023 (except 11/26, 12/31, and 1/7)
Where: South Bldg. No. 1, Room 303, Gakushuin University (as scheduled)
Access to Gakushuin University (1-5-1 Mejiro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo)
- 3 minutes from the Mejiro Station on the JR Yamanote Line
- 7 minutes from the Zoshigaya Station on the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line
- 8 minutes from the Kishibojin Station on the Tokyo Toei Arakawa Tram Line.
How to apply:
Applications are now closed. Thank you for your interest in our classes.
Please contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).