- E-mail :
- Office :South 2－406
- Associate Professor, the Faculty of International Social Sciences, Gakushuin University
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, The University of Tokyo (-2016)
- Assistant Professor, Waseda Institute for Advanced Study, Waseda University (-2013)
- Ph.D. in Applied Economics, University of Minnesota
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Economics, Williams College, U.S.
- Adjunct Professor, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, U.S.
- Research Assistant, International Food Policy Research Institute, U.S.
- Research Assistant, Minnesota Population Center, U.S.
- Consultant, World Bank, Washington D.C., U.S. (-2006)
- B.A. in Economics, Wuhan University, China
- Paul Glewwe, Albert Park, and Meng Zhao, (2015) "A Better Vision for Development: Eyeglasses and Academic Performance in Rural Primary Schools in China", forthcoming in Journal of Development Economics
- Meng Zhao, Yoshifumi Konishi and Paul Glewwe, (2013) "Does Information on Health Status Lead to a Healthier Lifestyle? Evidence from China on the Effect of Hypertension Diagnosis on Food Consumption", Journal of Health Economics 32(2), p367-385
- Meng Zhao, Yoshifumi Konishi and Paul Glewwe, (2012) "Does Smoking Affect Schooling? Evidence from Teenagers in Rural China", Journal of Health Economics 31(4), p585-599
- Meng Zhao and Paul Glewwe, (2010) "What Determines Basic School Attainment in Developing Countries? Evidence from Rural China", Economics of Education Review 29(3) , p451-460
- Paul Glewwe and Meng Zhao, (2006) "Attaining Universal Primary Completion by 2015: An Evaluation of Cost Estimates", IN: Educating All Children: A Global Agenda, edited by Joel E. Cohen, David E. Bloom and Martin B. Malin. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press
- Principal Investigator, Grants-in-Aid for Young Scholars B, April 2011- March 2013
- Principal Investigator, Grants-in-Aid for Young Scholars B, April 2013- March 2016